You Have Heard It Said
Consider The Birds
1. After hearing the message, spend some time in your group sharing what you recall from it. What struck you, and what questions did it leave you with?
2. Read Matthew 6:25-34
What word, phrase, or verse stands out to you and why?
3. Birds work hard and plan ahead, but they do not stress about things outside of their control. Jesus teaches the ideal is that we not stress over such things. In what areas of your life do you have worry and fear over things that are outside of your control? What are the worries that you have? What impact does worry have on you and your relationships?
4. While Jesus knows that we all worry, the problem with worry is that it can reveal a lack of trust in God. Have you seen this play out in your life? How is worry connected to a lack of trust in God or lack of an eternal perspective? What would trust look like for you in these areas of worry?
5. Stop watching television that promotes fear and anxiety. Unsubscribe from things on social media or negative sources that cause you to worry.
6. Do you believe that you are secure in the unshakable kingdom of God? In moments when you worry, try telling yourself this truth.
7. Through prayer, practice accepting that you are not in control. Be present to God and the blessings in your life.
Lord God, help us not to worry about anything, but rather to pray to you about everything. Thank you that we can trust you to provide for our needs. May your peace guard our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus. Amen.