The New New Frontier
1. Spend some time in your group sharing generally about what you heard in the message. What resonated with you, and what questions did it leave you with?
2. Read Romans 12:2 and Philippians 4:8-9.
What stands out to you and why?
3. Are you a digital native or a digital immigrant? Discuss your love and/or hate of new technology. Are you an early adopter or one who never buys the latest gadget?
4. Meredith talked about four patterns of our digital age (Façade, Escapism, Distraction and Disconnection). How do you see these playing out in you and in your family? What are some of the positive and negative ways that you use digital technology?
5. Romans 12:2 talks about not conforming to the patterns of this present age, but being transformed by the renewing of your mind. Besides the digital patterns that Pastor Meredith addressed, what are some other patterns of this world/age that you notice?
6. Which worldly patterns do you easily not conform to? Which do you find to be very difficult to go against? Pick one to work on with God and your family this week.
7. How can use digital technology this week to be a better digital citizen and foster connection, thankfulness, peace, and presence? Or, what could you give up for a week to make space for these things?
Help us to learn to connect to you in our daily lives. May we be grateful and wise stewards with our technology, and not be mindlessly shaped by the patterns of our current time and place. Please give us your peace in all areas of our lives.
Glory to you and the Father and the Holy Spirit. Amen.