Your Best Year Ever
Untether Your Soul
1. Spend some time in your group sharing generally about what you heard in the message. What resonated with you, and what questions did it leave you with?
2. Read John 15: 1-13.
What stands out to you and why?
3. As a child, what were some of the things you wanted to be when you grew up. How did you end up in the work you currently do?
4. Jesus ups his own golden rule with the command to love each other as he loved us. How is this different from the golden rule? How has it challenged you to live?
5. Josh talked about 5 Pressures that lead us to be anxious, where we base our self-worth on worldly success instead of the love of God. How do you see each of the 5 below playing out in your life and context?
- Radical Individualism.
- Romanticized View of Relationships.
- The Media (only the negative sells)
- The Myth of Perfectibility—you can be whatever you want to be.
- Secularism and loss of communities where you are a part of something bigger than yourself.
6. How do you remain/abide in Jesus? What is one thing you can do this week to step further into the way of Jesus?
Thank you for loving us before we did anything to deserve it. Teach us how to abide in you. Thank you for showing us what a life worth living looks like. Our desire is to live into your story and not the story of our culture. Would you give us more of your perspective this week. May our lives declare that the God of love is the hope of the world. Amen.